REQUEST A SUB
Every student is required to attend the event that their band is scheduled for, if for some reason you cannot attend said event, you may fill out a request to see if someone else is willing to go in your place.
Rules for Requesting a Sub:
- In the event that you cannot attend said event, you may request a sub using one of the forms below
- Please use the form corresponding to your section. If you use the wrong one, your request may be ignored.
- Make a request by beginning of rehearsal (Thursday @ 6pm) or your request may be denied
- You must have a legitimate reason for needing a sub.
- HOMEWORK, TESTS, AND WORK ARE NOT VALID EXCUSES
- You are given the schedule at the beginning of the year and are expected to make plans accordingly
- The University defines what counts as an "excused" absence and as a course at UMD, we follow this definition
- It is also up to the discretion of the director if your reason is valid or not.
***If you are unsure what counts towards an excusable absence, please refer to the syllabus located under the Pep Band tab, or contact your section leader***
How This Works:
- Click the "FORM" link for your section
- Filling out and submit a request
- You and your section will receive an email regarding the submission
- Click the "REQUESTS" link to check if anyone has accepted your request
- You should also receive an email when someone edits the "requests" link